Postgraduate Program, Police Studies, Police Science College
Citation: Arief Budiharso, Transformational Leadership, Work Motivation, and Performance of Bogor Police Resort Personnel, Management Technology and Security International Journal, pages 502-517, http://doi.org/10.47490/mtsij.v3.i1.502517
Received on 1 June 2021, Accepted on 6 December 2021, Published on 21 February 2022
Indonesian National Police, also known as Polri, in the era of reform and public openness, must be able to become a learning organization. Polri’s current performance must reflect services given to public. One of the services is investigative service. Public perception on Polri is highly visible from the performance of its investigators and assistant investigators, especially in criminal investigation department (CID). A performance in an organization can be influenced by many factors, including leadership styles and work motivation. The study aims to describe how transformational leadership and work motivation influence the performance of CID personnel of Bogor Police Resort. The research employs a survey method and the quantitative research approach. The results of the path analysis reveal that (1) hypothesis 1 is accepted with the influence of transformational leadership variable (X1) on motivation (Y) by 19.1%; (2) hypothesis 2 is accepted with the influence of motivational variable (X2) on performance (Y) members of CID of Bogor Police Resort by 22.9%; and (3) hypothesis 3 is accepted with the influence of transformational leadership (X1) and work motivation (X2) on the performance (Y) of CID members of Bogor Police Resort by 42%, while the remaining 58% is influenced by another variable. Based on these results, the author recommends the head of CID must be able to develop trust of his members, provide rewards and punishments in order to motivate members and the needs for further research to see the influence of other variables.
Keywords: #motivation, #performance, #transformational #leadership